At the Vital Cafe + Blend Bar, we’re committed to keeping it real. We use the highest-quality ingredients from some of the most ethical food suppliers in the lower mainland to craft delicious, healthy meals, snacks and smoothies. We are all about real food, made from real ingredients, by real people.
The Vital Cafe isn’t about quick grab-and-go dining (although it is quick, and you can grab it and go) – we’re all about sustaining you with incredible, wholesome meals prepared by talented chefs.
What’s real food, in our books?
- First and foremost, it tastes good. Our cafe and catering menu items are designed by one of the most talented chefs in BC, cooked by a dedicated, passionate team, and delivered to you in a way that sustains their flavour.
- It’s also good for you. Nutritional content is at the top of our must-have list. Everything we serve is gluten-, dairy-, and refined sugar-free – and that’s just our baseline.
- And last but not least (and this is our special spin) – it’s easy. We offer incredibly high-quality items in a beautiful space in East Van, or we deliver them to your event with a smile on our face. We’re committed to a no-fuss dining experience that leaves you a little bit healthier every time you eat with us.
Prepare yourself for a #humblebrag – we’re pretty sure that very few Vancouver cafes pay as much attention to the quality of their ingredients as we do. This isn’t to say other companies don’t go for local, organic, good-for-the-earth products. This is Vancouver, after all.
We just take sourcing to the next level, because we’re passionate about the integrity of our ingredients.
Here’s what our sourcing philosophy looks like:
- Local: We support small farms who are doing it right, and pay careful attention to our carbon footprint. We want our high standards to become the standard, and to show local companies that you can succeed with choices that are great for the planet.
- Organic: There’s so much evidence for the benefits of eating organic vs. consuming factory-farmed produce, fruit and meat, this one’s almost a no-brainer. Almost...
- Local before organic: Allow us to explain: If there’s a choice between a small, local farm that grows their food with great care, but isn’t strictly certified organic, and, say, organic asparagus flown here from Argentina, we’ll choose the local farm, every time.
This is where literally hours of research go into our selection process: we strive to always understand the big picture, and our impact on it. Food is intimately connected to many lives, and we try to take every single one into account when we buy our products. The well-being of people is the well-being of the planet, and we make our food choices based on the whole story.
Wherever you fall on the spectrum of people who want to eat better, you can rest assured that we’ve got you covered.
Before Vital was even a glimmer in the eyes of our three founders Mack, Braden, and Reuben, they found themselves in that odd paradox of the food industry: they were busy preparing and serving incredible meals, but not eating terribly well themselves.
The inspiration for Vital was borne of necessity: our founders wanted to fuel their careers and their personal lives with healthy, wholesome, ethical food. Today, it's our great pleasure to share that with you.